Build and test failures with Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.3

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 8 17:32:44 UTC 2015

On Sunday 08 November 2015 15:06:51 Jan Kundrát wrote:
> >> [root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# grep -c opendocument /usr/share/mime/subclasses
> >> 0
> >> [root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# rpm -qf /usr/share/mime/subclasses
> >> shared-mime-info-1.1-7.el7.x86_64

OK, clearly CentOS patches the application/zip inheritance out of freedesktop.org.xml

I hate it when distros think they know better than upstream and make their own
changes, which are not distro-specific, but rather their own view on how things should be.

Yes this inheritance is arguable, and shows the lack for a "private inheritance" mechanism
(to avoid .odt opening up in ark if no office suite is installed), but this "argumentation"
should be done on the XDG list and solved everywhere, rather than by hacking s-m-i
and making it incompatible with other distros :(

I'll make the test pass on CentOS, but I'm not happy about such hacks.
Feel free to forward this to whoever maintains s-m-i at CentOS BTW.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5