Build and test failures with Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.3

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Sat Nov 7 20:42:33 UTC 2015

Hi David,
thanks for looking into this. I'm happy that you find the additional
coverage useful. At this time, the infrastructure cannot easily send out
automated e-mails only upon a change in the state of a build job -- if
someone has some time and is willing to improve this, I'll be happy to walk
them through.

> Having this for all of KF5 would definitely be useful.

I'll see into doing this.

>> - [5.6] kcoreaddons: different number formatting
>
> This test sets a C locale. Could it be that on your system, the C locale
> doesn't include having the comma as thousands-separator?

The build jobs appear to be running with LANG=en_US.UTF-8. My ssh setup
apparently forwards these LANG and LC_* variables, so I cannot guarantee
100% correctness, but here's how the number formatting works in root's
bash:

[root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# LC_ALL=C printf "%'.3f\n" 12345678.901
12345678.901
[root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 printf "%'.3f\n" 12345678.901
12,345,678.901

Is that a correct behavior?

> Or maybe the system's locale still interfers, i.e. KFormat
> format(QLocale::c());
> isn't enough to -really- use the C locale?

Note that the failure is specific to Qt 5.6, which IMHO suggests that
there's some behavior change in Qt.

>> - kio, in all versions: test failures in KNewFileMenuTest::test(text file
>> with jpeg extension)
>
> Also a mimetype problem. kcoreaddons' kde5.xml adds "*.doc" as a pattern
> for text/plain, but surely it doesn't mean for it to become the
> main extension.
> Can you the value of
> QMimeDatabase().mimeTypeForName("text/plain").preferredSuffix()
> on your system? Here's it's "txt", I suspect it's "doc" on your
> system. Not sure why yet
> though, but let's first check that.

It prints out "txt".

>> - kservice, in all versions: test failure
>
> It appears that your system doesn't know that opendocument
> inherits application/zip.
> Do you have this line in /usr/share/mime/subclasses ?
> application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text application/zip

That line is missing:

[root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# grep -c opendocument /usr/share/mime/subclasses
0
[root at ci-el7-a-4 ~]# rpm -qf /usr/share/mime/subclasses
shared-mime-info-1.1-7.el7.x86_64

Cheers,
Jan

--