Build and test failures with Qt 5.6 and Qt 5.3

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 16:21:33 UTC 2015

Hi folks,
please take a look at the CI status matrix at [1]. TL;DR: There are build
failures with Qt 5.3, plenty of test failures, and some test failures
specific to the still unreleased Qt 5.6.

Oh, and a cmake 3.4-git regression that I'm not going to bother you with.
Reported, known, downgraded for now.

This testing is more or less a side effect of kio's and plasma-workspace
presence in Gerrit. If you like this CI coverage, if you appreciate the
range of covered compilers and Qt5 versions, or if you would like it to
extend the coverage to all of KF5 and/or plasma or some other apps, please
let me know.

A quick summary (please click the "console" link in the matrix overview to
see full log):

- [5.3] kactivities: won't build due to QQuickWidget::setClearColor which
is 5.4+ only.

- [5.3] kcoreaddons: QDebug::noquote

- [5.3] kwidgetsaddons: QTimer::singleShot and the new slot syntax

- [5.3] plasma-workspace: QString::splitRef

- [5.6] karchive: wrong number of items in the archive

- [5.6] kconfig: error which I don't understand

- [5.6] kcoreaddons: different number formatting

- kio, in all versions: test failures in KNewFileMenuTest::test(text file
with jpeg extension)

- kservice, in all versions: test failure

- [5.6] kwindowsystem: KWindowInfoX11Test fails tests

- plasma-framework, all versions: wrong dialog dimensions/offsets

[1] http://ci-logs.kde.flaska.net/matrix.html

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/