Proposal: move KWalletManager inside KWallet framework

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Tue May 26 07:04:03 UTC 2015

Valentin Rusu wrote:

Hello,

first of all thanks to Valentin for bringing the issue here.

> So, I'd like to resubmit my old proposal: would that be possible to
> include KWalletManager in KF5::KWallet, in the runtime part, next to

A possible issue that may have been raised in the past (however, I didn't
follow the discussion back then) would be in the matter of dependencies.
What tier is KWallet now? What other deps are pulled in by KWalletManager?

And to elaborate on packaging: we would like *not* to push git snapshots on
users, and currently the KF5 version of KWalletManager (part of kdeutils,
IIRC, but feel free to correct me) has never been released.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter