Circular dependency in kde-build-metadata

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed May 13 02:24:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 22:10:22 Michael Pyne wrote:
> In fact the one that's *probably* tripping is that all kde/* modules depend
> on kf5umbrella, which is a virtual dependency on all frameworks/* modules,
> including frameworks/frameworkintegration. This would cause
> kde/workspace/oxygen-fonts to automatically depend on
> frameworks/frameworkintegration, and the manual rule in reverse is then a
> cyclic dependency.
>
> It should be possible to add a "negative" dependency to manually break the
> dependency of kf5umbrella on frameworks/frameworkintegration. If it works
> I'll go ahead and commit.

Actually it's even easier. kf5umbrella's rules are already not wildcarded, so
you'd just have to remove the line with the dependency on
frameworkintegration.

However, I'm really not that sure of what actually depends on
frameworkintegration within kde/*, so on second thought I'd rather not break
things further. :)

It might be possible instead to remove oxygen-fonts from depending on
kf5umbrella, something like:

kde/workspace/oxygen-fonts: -frameworks/kf5umbrella

(this is already done for e.g. Trojita).

It doesn't /seem/ to work for my kdesrc-build but that may be a kdesrc-build
bug.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne