Install location of myframework_version.h headers

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 4 11:11:05 UTC 2015

On Monday 04 May 2015 12:29:39 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 04 May 2015 12:23:32 Kevin Funk wrote:
> > The issue could be easily fixed by moving the myframework_version.h into
> > $PREFIX/include/KF5/$FRAMEWORK/, no?
>
> Correct, this is what KArchive does.

Ooops, I thought we were talking about the generated export header.

You are right, all the version headers are in include/KF5 directly.

I think this is an oversight. Well, I did see it and didn't think it would be
a problem, but I think the only real reason I didn't move that one when moving
all other headers under $FRAMEWORK is that version headers are installed by
the toplevel CMakeLists.txt while I was working on the CMakeLists.txt for the
libs themselves.

I would be OK with *all* framework_version.h headers being installed under
include/KF5/$FRAMEWORK. I.e. change them all, not just one framework.

This is SC since apps using the framework do get the include path
automatically. The only exception I can think of would be if some cmake code
was trying to locate (and possibly parse) the version.h header, but that
sounds convoluted given that there are cmake variables with the version
numbers in them already, much much more convenient to use.

In any case, do a full build of everything kf5 based (with a clean kf5 install
dir) to make sure nothing breaks :-)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5