Versioning of Frameworks

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri May 1 18:26:38 UTC 2015

On Thursday 30 April 2015 10:35:59 Kevin Funk wrote:
> > QtAnything 5.5 cannot be compiled with QtBase 5.2.
>
> I'm fairly sure you can; let's say build QtWebChannel 5.6 (dev) against
> QtBase  5.4.1. In fact, I just tried again and it worked just fine. QMake
> did not complain.

I would say Qt does it worse: the buildsystem won't complain, but very often
you end up with a compilation error, due to an enum value or method not found
in qtbase. So you only discover this after 30 minutes of compiling. Being told
before hand by the buildsystem would be an improvement...

Working on KDE Frameworks 5