libmm-qt moved to frameworks/modemmanager-qt

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 21:37:22 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 31 de març de 2015, a les 22:32:10, Jan Grulich va escriure:
> On Tuesday 31 of March 2015 21:55 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dimarts, 31 de març de 2015, a les 13:15:30, Jan Grulich va escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > we have finally moved libmm-qt library to frameworks and renamed it to
> > > modemmanager-qt. It's now going to be released together with KDE
> > > Frameworks
> > > 5 and not with Plasma 5 as it was until now. The upcoming release is not
> > > ABI/API compatible with the previous releases, so if you are going to
> > > keep
> > > Plasma 5.2.x you need to keep also libmm-qt in the version released
> > > together with it.
> >
> > Are the two things at least co-installable?
>
> Unfortunately no, but we can maybe provide an updated tarball with plasma-
> nm-5.2.2 which works with the new version of mm-qt.

Either that or you make sure David puts a big fat warning when releasing the
new frameworks version.

Ideally what you should do is don't break backwards compatibility, and if
you're going to break it, just call it V2, if i was a packager i'd be pretty
unhappy you've put such a burden on me now, having to forget when to exchange
some packages depending on some other package that also depends on some other
package probably.

Cheers,
  Albert