KPeople part of KDE Frameworks

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Tue Mar 3 02:38:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, March 2, 2015 21:22:32 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 2 de març de 2015, a les 20:49:45, Martin Klapetek va escriure:
> > Makes me think that maybe the review process does not work that well...
>
> Correct, the review process doesn't work well at all, and hasn't been for a
> long time, there's not enough people with enough different skills reviewing
> the apps/libs.

In any event, I think the review process (even if it were working very well)
would not cover scheduling concerns but rather code quality, use of proper
infrastructure, stuff like that.

But for scheduling, the default assumption would always be that the module
being reviewed would simply land in the next routine release. The process
needed to review a set of modules to be included in a *specific* release would
be different. Since I'm a part of our failed review processes I can't tell you
which route we tried to go by, but I would hope that collectively would handle
things better for the question "We want to release KFoo in 15.04" vs. "We want
to include KFoo in KDE Applications".

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne