KPeople part of KDE Frameworks

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 00:47:00 UTC 2015

I would just like to point out that the review period of KPeople
is over and all the associated moves are in order, are they not?
What exactly is "enormously rushed" when the review period
is over and moves are rightfully requested? Perhaps that should
have been said in either of the "please review this proposal" emails
before, not after.

KDE Telepathy also already has a dependency on KPeople
since ever, so there's no new dependency added. It's just being
moved from kdereview to frameworks. Is that a dependency
freeze violation? I read "it is not allowed to add new dependencies"
in the release schedule page. That is not what is happening.

The only rush is to get KPeople tarball released a bit sooner so
that it can be there for KDE Applications Beta 1. That is all.
And that tarball could just as well be made from kdereview.

(and yes I'm a bit annoyed by all this crap I'm getting for this
only now and not a month before when was the right time)

Well thanks everyone anyway, you've done enormously good jobs.
I owe you one.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer