A CI dashboard with multiple versions of Qt5 on Linux

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Jun 11 23:39:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Jan Kundrát <jkt at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, 12 June 2015 01:29:59 CEST, Scarlett Clark wrote:
>>
>> Question, is your Qt5.2 patched?
>

> I'm pretty sure that it was a vanilla build straight from git on CentOS 7
> back in December 2014.
>
> I have no idea what failure you saw and I agree that "no patches" is a good
> general approach, but I think that obvious compile time fixes required by,
> say, a too-new underlying distro are a well-qualifying exception.

The compiler in CentOS 7 is old enough to work with Qt 5.2. The
compiler in Ubuntu 15.04 on the other hand, is far too new.
As other parts of KDE are pushing forward with newer C++11 and
dependency requirements though, we'll need to use a newer distro and
compiler combination as far as I can see.

> Cheers,
> Jan

Regards,
Ben