Making Baloo and KFileMetaData a framework

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Jul 20 21:52:14 UTC 2015

Hey guys

Sorry. I should have sent this email earlier.

Would it be all right if both Baloo and KFileMetaData joined
Frameworks for the next release? Currently they are both part of
Plasma.

I had tried to do this last year, but Baloo was GPL because of its
dependency on Xapian. Since then I've replaced Xapian with a custom
full-text-engine, so Baloo is now finally LGPL, and meets the
frameworks criteria.

The public API hasn't really changed since the last time.

--
Vishesh Handa