reviving make uninstall?

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Fri Jan 30 10:08:09 UTC 2015

On Thursday 29 January 2015 13:29:35 Mark Gaiser wrote:

> > by

> > > +1. I found myself many times typing make uninstall to no avail.
> > > Would be nice to have it back.
> >
> > Same here, would love to have it back.
>
> Same here.

Well, if there's demand for it, I don't personally have any objections to
adding it back in. It could go in KDECMakeSettings in e-c-m, although I think
I'd want to check with the kde-core-devel and/or kde-devel lists before doing
a change that will affect such a large number of software projects (after all,
it may cause issues for projects that define an uninstall target themselves).

Alex