Move thumbnail kioslave and thumbcreator service type to kio?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 08:20:10 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 01:39:43 David Narvaez wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 2:38 PM, David Narvaez
>
> <david.narvaez at computer.org> wrote:
> > Coincidentially, I am transplanting a protocol into KIO right now, so
> > I can do this move also.
>
> So this transplant required some heavier porting to KF5

I assume to get rid of kdelibs4support and compile with stricter flags?

> and now I have
> a couple of questions about how to post this for review. Should I:
>
> A) 1) Post a clone repo with the transplant and wait for approval
>      2) Post a single RR with the KF5 port
>
> B) 1) Post a clone repo with the transplant and wait for approval
>      2) Post several RR with specific changes towards KF5
>
> C) 1) Post a clone repo with the transplant and KF5 port all together
>

> A and B would mean I post a clone repo that has the thumbnail code but
> doesn't build it, the include_directory CMake instructions would come
> in A|B.2).

Another option would have been to post a RR for the KF5 port of the code in
its current location, but I guess that's too much work at this point.

So A) sounds good to me, but I don't understand the "wait for approval" in
step 1. Surely this is a temp repo, just for reviewing the changes before they
happen in the real destination directory?

Thanks for your help.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5