A KIO daemon

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 15 06:38:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Thursday 15 January 2015 07:25:22 David Faure wrote:
> After the discussion on https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/r/#/c/323/, I just
> had another idea (inspired by a discussion with Alex Fiestas (iirc) long
> ago)...
>
> We could combine the 4 kded modules installed by KIO into a single daemon,
> say "kiod".

It is an excellent solution indeed (for all the reasons you already
highlighted).

An extra idea on top: it seems that we get more of those little daemons
appearing over time, maybe worth it to keep an eye on factoring some of that
into a few KCoreAddons classes perhaps? To make it easier and safer to create
such services.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net