Baloo Framework - License Exception

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Wed Jan 7 15:00:45 UTC 2015

Hello people

It seems that some people really do not want Baloo to become a framework as
long as it is effectively GPL. We might want to think about not restricting
ourselves in this way. If we didn't have plans to move away from Xapian it
would effectively become a core library that a lot of applications use that
has its own independent versioning and release schedule.

For now, Baloo will continue to be released part of Plasma. However, we
will be spoofing our version number to 5.6. So, everyone is will continue
using it as if it were a framework (the finder, library names, etc), but it
will not be released with frameworks.

--
Vishesh Handa