Compile KF5 into Docker

David Gil Oliva davidgiloliva at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:55:37 UTC 2015

Hi!

El dia 04/01/2015 12:39, "Mathieu Tarral" <mathieu.tarral at gmail.com> va
escriure:

> Hi,
>
> as you know, building KF5 from source may not be an easy task, due to
> build dependencies which may or may not be available for your distro.
>
> That's why I started to compile KF5 into a Docker container.
>
> This way you can keep your main system clean, and avoid to install a lot
> of *-dev packages.
>
> I would like to share a set of Dockerfiles which will build
> an image with all the necessary build dependencies already installed.

Instead of a set of Dockerfiles, each one for a different distro, which
makes for a lot of duplicated code, could it be written in a single
Dockerfile which checks the OS and does as approppriate for that OS?

Another issue that I see is the Qt version. Can we rely on always having
the needed version from the ubuntu-sdk-team repository?

Cheers,

David Gil