Warning: KPluginInfo::property("X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name") is deprecated

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 19:01:56 UTC 2015

On Saturday, February 21, 2015 17:19:02 Alexander Richardson wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Alexander Richardson
> >
> > <arichardson.kde at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> and then we could also have something like
> >> KServiceTypeTrader::findPlugin(serviceType, name) that expands to
> >> KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query(serviceType, [](const  KPluginInfo
> >> &info) {>>
> >>  return info.pluginName() == name;
> >>
> >> }
> >>
> >> I have been meaning to add this for quite a while, but I am really
> >> busy at the moment.
> >
> > So we would maintain such a warning, but start to port users to that
> > new api instead?
>
> Yes, that would be my suggestion. I won't be able to work on it before
> Thursday though. Ideally there shouldn't be many changes required to
> make it work for KMimeTypeTrader aswell, so then in KF5 we can get rid
> of all the generated parsing code.

That's completely fine. We're not too much in a hurry, it's not a showstopper
by any means, just some janitorial work to make Plasma a bit easier to debug.
Currently, about 2/3 of its console output consists of these messages.

Thanks, Alex!
--
sebas

Sebastian Kügler    |    http://vizZzion.org    |     http://kde.org