C++11 policy in frameworks?

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 22:20:29 UTC 2015

> Qt supports 10.7 though so maybe we shouldn't be using these
> newer c++11 methods in frameworks just yet right?

As seen on the 'policies' page, we are not tied to all the platforms
that are supported by Qt.

This was decided in the thread named "Supported Compilers / C++11
Support in KF5", started by Volker on 21/07/2013.

I'd say that, by specifying the compiler versions, we have implicitly
stated that the requirements are also their respective standard
library implementations. That is, if gcc 4.5 is a requirement, one
should not try to compile with gcc 4.5 and a version of libstdc++ that
was released a few years before gcc 4.5 went gold. The same goes for
clang and msvcc.

Cheers,
Ivan

Cheerio,