kdelibs4support forces "icons in buttons"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:36:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have the strong impression that applications using the kdelibs4support fw are forced to show icons in buttons, regardless of the corresponding setting (which is respected elsewhere).
For some reason it does not happen when I use the native platform plugin on OS X, but if the frameworkintegration platform plugin were responsible I'd expect icons to appear on buttons in all applications, including those not using kdelibs4support.

What's going on here? As far as I can see kdelibs4support does indeed support the key from kdeglobals; maybe the return value from the functions reading the key value is not used?

R.