Icons missing

Thorsten Zachmann zachmann at kde.org
Sun Dec 6 12:56:19 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I use a separate user for running calligra. I use ssh -X to login from my
normal desktop user to my kde running user. However when I start any
kde application  I have no icons. With strace I can see it searches for icons
in the hicolor folder instead of breeze.
With the help of David Faure I found out the the icons are shown as expected
when I call

export KDE_FULL_SESSION=true

before starting the application.

I think using an application via ssh -X is used quite often and it should work
out of the box with the need of setting any special export. Maybe you have an
idea on how the behaviour can be improved.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thorsten Zachmann