Updating techbase wiki page according to KF5 policies

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Dec 2 08:09:12 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 01 December 2015 22:36:52 Alex Merry wrote:
> On 2015-12-01 15:34, Martin Walch wrote:

> >> These are all still applicable.
> >
> > Does the same pattern apply to Frameworks includes?
> > For example:
> >
> > KFileItem instead of KIOCore/KFileItem
> > and
> > KIO/HostInfo instead of KIOCore/KIO/HostInfo
> >
> > and of course not something like kfileitem.h or kio/hostinfo.h
>
> Yes, although good luck trying to explain that, given the inconsistency
> between <KIO/HostInfo> and <KFileItem>

This is not inconsistent at all. The first one is about the class KIO::HostInfo,
the second one is about the class KFileItem.
The header file is consistent with the class that it defines.

> <KIOCore/KFileItem> is only
> possible by fluke, really, as a side effect of where we install the
> version headers.

Well it's the same as <QtCore/QCoreApplication>, i.e. an include that starts
with the module name. But for the same reasons as in Qt, this is not recommended.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5