Purpose as a KDE Framework

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 14:01:10 UTC 2015

Hi,
I've been working on Purpose since some months now, with the intention
of becoming a framework some day. Some information about it can be
read here:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/libs/purpose/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.md

As it is right now it's a tier 2 framework (kcoreaddons and ki18n)
plus the plugins. Plugins raise the tier to 3 because of KIO which is
used by some plugins.

As it is now, it's being used by: Kamoso, QuickShare plasmoid and
KDevelop for patch sharing. I'd like to see it used in other cases
than sharing as well as in other applications, but here's where we are
at the moment. I think it's something to build upon.

Any thoughts?

Aleix