assert in kservicetypefactory.cpp

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 17 07:37:52 UTC 2015

Is it really necessary to assert here:

krita(3310)/(default) unknown: ASSERT failure in
KServiceTypeFactory::KServiceTypeFactory(): "Could not open sycoca
database, you must run kbuildsycoca first!", file
/home/boud/kf5/src/frameworks/kservice/src/services/kservicetypefactory.cpp,
line 38

And take the whole application down, just because the sycoca is missing?
Is there anything mandator stored in there, and which frameworks should I
stop using if so? I can't ship an application that needs a separate cache
builder app to run...

Boudewijn