Minimum supported version of MSVC for frameworks

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Sun Aug 16 10:19:39 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-13 09:57, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> ‎Hi,
>
> My experience with MSVC 2013 was that you even need at least Update 4
> for initializer lists to work properly, which was released quite
> recently iirc.

And even then, initializer lists don't work in all circumstances
(specifically in member initialization like
struct foo {
   int bar[3] = {1, 2, 3};
};
).

Actually, if you do use MSVC 2013, always make sure you install Update
4, otherwise the compiler's really quite broken (even generating double
destructor calls in some circumstances). I don't think it's unreasonable
to refuse to support MSVC 2013 without update 4.

Alex