kross unit tests broken

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Aug 11 07:37:58 UTC 2015

On Sunday 02 August 2015 18:45:38 Alexander Potashev wrote:
> > Hello Alexander,
> >
> > thanks for your recent commits related to the unit tests in kross.
> >
> > However it seems that they don't pass ;)
> >
> > See https://build.kde.org/job/kross%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/10/console
> >
> > I get the same error locally.
> >
> > "Action::setInterpreter: interpreter not found: python"
> >
> > Can you look into it?
>
> Hi David,
>
> This is because kross-interpreters[python] is not installed on CI
> server. I had to move these tests into the kross-interpreters repo,
> but didn't do that yet because I'm not sure how to share the autotests
> code between kross.git and kross-interpreters.git repos.
>
> I think we can disable all the python tests from kross.git.

Why don't we move all the failing tests to kross-interpreters, rather?

Clearly these can stay, since the pass:
kross-metafunctiontest
kross-unittest-es

While these clearly require the python interpreter:
18:28:25 	  4 - kross-guiform-py (Failed)
18:28:25 	  5 - kross-guiqt-py (Failed)
18:28:25 	  6 - kross-guitk-py (Failed)
18:28:25 	  7 - kross-test-py (Failed)
18:28:25 	  8 - kross-unittest-py (Failed)

The only one I'm not sure about is  krossqtstest-test-es
It says "QTS" (qtscript?) but fails due to python !?!?
https://build.kde.org/job/kross%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/13/console

kross is the only module with failing unittests now in KF5, I want to get it all
green again. We *must* get it all green again.

Disabling the tests again doesn't sound like a good approach to me,
better move them to where they can be run.
Do you agree? Do you want to handle it, or should I?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5