Accidentally exported private classes

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 12:38:34 UTC 2015

On Monday 10 August 2015 13:23:05 Volker Krause wrote:
> Yep, and there are more reasons for not using nested classes for this and
> following the Qt scheme instead, such as the Q_D/Q_Q macros for example.

Right.

> For existing code it is however a quite substantial (although not particularly
> hard) change, I'm not sure if this is worth the effort, compared to the
> Q_DECL_HIDDEN approach.

Could be scripted, it's all just search-replace, basically.

> > > I've started doing this in PIM code that
> > > isn't covered by BC guarantees yet. Do we also want this to be done in
> > > already released frameworks, although it is technically BIC?
> >
> > Classes called "*Private" are not part of our BIC promises.
>
> Ok, then I'll fix this in KF5 as well. Do you want individual review requests
> for these changes or can I just push those directly?

Trivial pre-approved changes don't need review requests.

But I volunteer to do it right, instead. Such scripts are quick to write....
... here you go (also committed to kde-dev-scripts).

Sample diff attached, it compiles.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5