Versioning of Frameworks

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 30 12:58:18 UTC 2015

On Thursday 30 April 2015 10:35:59 Kevin Funk wrote:
> However, I think it could be helpful to be able to build master branch of
> $MODULE against a stable version of its dependencies for *development
> purposes*, which currently isn't possible.

OK, that is easily fixable. I can raise the version number of the frameworks
at the beginning of the month (just after the previous release), and raise the
version number of their required dependencies (which I already do in a second
step anyway, to keep the CI happy), at the end of the month, just before the
release.

This will make it possible to hack on a 5.10 framework using 5.9 dependencies,
with of course the small risk that it might not compile if it already uses
some 5.10 API from a dependency.

This will still require the very latest release though, no hacking 5.10 with
5.5 installed.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5