Cannot debug ioslaves

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Apr 29 19:33:52 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 29 April 2015 15:21:58 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking into a problem, and ended up in this web page:
> https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/Debugging_IOSlaves
>
> After some greps, I realized most of it is gone. Anybody knows what's
> up with this? And if there's anything we can do to debug an ioslave,
> anyway?

I don't understand what you think is "gone".

AFAICS it's all still there, as I expected:

src/klauncher/klauncher.cpp:    mSlaveDebug = QString::fromLocal8Bit(qgetenv("KDE_SLAVE_DEBUG_WAIT"));
src/klauncher/klauncher.cpp:    mSlaveValgrind = QString::fromLocal8Bit(qgetenv("KDE_SLAVE_VALGRIND"));
src/klauncher/klauncher.cpp:        mSlaveValgrindSkin = QString::fromLocal8Bit(qgetenv("KDE_SLAVE_VALGRIND_SKIN"));

The only thing that seems outdated in sections 1, 2 and 3 is that kdeinit4 is now kdeinit5.

kdebugdialog, on the other hand, is now kdebugsettings in playground, ask Laurent.
Well, kde_projects.xml to the rescue:
http://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/kdebugsettings

Now that section (How to get debug output) certainly needs an update, for categorized logging instead of kDebug.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5