kdepackages.h

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 25 21:02:07 UTC 2015

On Friday 24 April 2015 14:32:12 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> kxmlgui has a file kdepackages.h  which lists the products in bugzilla.
> This is used by the dialog in Help → Report Bug.  It was horribly out of
> date so I've synced it with current bugzilla.
>
> David could you add to the release scripts to run
> make_kdepackages_updated.py in kxmlgui before release?

Can do.

But it doesn't seem to work here?

..../frameworks/kxmlgui (master) >python make_kdepackages_updated.py
Fetching products and components from bugs.kde.org...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "make_kdepackages_updated.py", line 32, in <module>
    index1 = line.index(link)
ValueError: substring not found

Python 2.7.8

(python3 fails even earlier, I guess this is a python2 script)

> Since today is the first day I've had any complaints about it I suspect
> it's not much used and the whole feature is best removed.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment. The number of plasma2/kf5 users is much
much lower than the number of KDE SC 4 users for sure....

Working on KDE Frameworks 5