KDateTimeEdit is broken (but unused)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 19 14:27:22 UTC 2015

On Sunday 19 April 2015 09:54:14 Christoph Feck wrote:
> On Saturday 18 April 2015 23:21:59 David Faure wrote:
> > In a KDateTimeEdit, changing the date in the date combo (whether by
> > typing or selecting e.g. "next month" in the popupmenu), does NOT
> > change the value of date(), which uses its own member variable,
> > unaffected by user interaction.
> > [...]
> > This gives two options:
> > 1) fixing KDateTimeEdit
> > 2) deprecating KDateTimeEdit
>
> Does https://paste.kde.org/pksfgjntf fix it?

It helps. The unittest passes. But note how KDateTimeEdit has 3 signals
dateTimeEntered, dateTimeChanged and dateTimeEdited.
Calling setDate only emits dateTimeChanged.

I pushed the test and the fix - and debug statements in kdatetimeedittestapp
showing which signals get emitted. Feel free to use this to fix it further :-)

> I would prefer fixing it over option 2.

Well I was wondering how useful it was, if nobody had been using it in 4 years
;-)
But OK I guess it's a step in the direction of allowing other calendar systems
in KDE apps, it's just that nobody actually used that possibility in their
apps....

Working on KDE Frameworks 5