Help please with some builds in the new jenkins-ci for KDE Round 4

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 05:00:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Dimecres, 8 d'abril de 2015, a les 14:23:23, Scarlett Clark va escriure:
>> Hello all,
>> I am to the point now with my ci that I just need help with some of
>> these builds. While I am learning fast,
>> some of these failures are stumpers.
>>
>> Ok, I fixed  packagekit via ppa. So apper builds now, but I am not sure what
>> is going on with the install:
>>  Install the project...
>> 21:16:57 -- Install configuration: "Debug"
>> 21:16:57 -- Installing: /home/jenkins/builds/apper/local-
>> inst/apper/libapper.so
>> 21:16:57 -- Removed runtime path from "/home/jenkins/builds/apper/local-
>> inst/apper/libapper.so"
>> 21:16:57
>> 21:16:57 == Deploying Installation
>> 21:16:57
>> 21:16:57 sending incremental file list
>> 21:16:57 rsync: change_dir "/home/jenkins/builds/apper/local-
>> inst/srv/jenkins/install/ubuntu/x86_64/g++/kf5-
>> qt5/extragear/sysadmin/apper/inst" failed: No such file or directory (2)
>> 21:16:58
>>
>> Is that correct only one file? and then removing it ? Help.. please.
>
> I've no idea if it should install more files or not, but it's not removing it,
> it's removing the "runtime path" i.e. the rpath.

Apper is installing it's files in the incorrect place it seems.
This sort of error only occurs when a project either:

a) Installs nothing
b) Disregards CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and tries to place it's files somewhere else.

I suspect Apper may only be partially ported to KF5 though based on
the installation of only libapper.so which might explain the above.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Regards,
Ben