Split kde-baseapps?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Sep 24 23:01:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:

> Michael Palimaka wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to split frameworks-based kde-baseapps?
>
> IMO it would make sense first to consult with the various applications'
> maintainers and / or review what's in there and what should happen to it.

Well let's see:
- dolphin: could be split out, I added emmanuel as a CC to know his opinion
- kdialog: should go to kde-cli-tools?
- kioslave/about: I guess it should go either to kioslave-extras or
konqueror itself. I guess it's here because the applications use it, so
kioslave.
- kfind: looks like it could be split. Doesn't look maintained, we can
decide where to put it later on. It's an executable, so it's easy to move
around.
- konqplugins: By the name sounds like it should go wherever konqueror
goes. Or do other applications use them?
- nsplugins: same, wherever konqueror goes?
- konqueror: split? David will read this for sure. :D

I hope this helps.
Aleix