kio_trash

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 20:26:06 UTC 2014

On Saturday 13 September 2014 20:29:18 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Luigi Toscano ha scritto:
> >>
> >> In fact, half the commits in kio are now from kio_trash. I didn't push
> >> yet. I wonder if we should do the graft thing instead...

Strange, I didn't think there were that many commits to kio_trash.

Indeed, 618 commits - but just 388 after removing scripty.
Most of them qt3->qt4 and qt4->qt5 porting ;)

> > It was already done for kdoctools (where you can see two parents). I would
> > say it makes sense to import just the post-split commits, as you are
> > grafting kdelibs anyway for kio history.
>
> ... but kio_trash comes from kde-runtime. Well, double grafting is possible
> and maybe easier than full import anyway.

I'm fine with grafting, although I guess git-qt-grafts won't work since it
only looks at the very first commit in the repo? So I guess this will require
manual grafting - which in my case means "cd 4/kde/kde-runtime/kioslave/trash"
will just be faster anyway.
I still have some kde3 svn modules checked out, so I'll be keeping kde4 git
modules around for a very long time I'm sure :-)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5