desktoptojson man page

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 15:10:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, September 16, 2014 08:55:05 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2014-09-15, Alexander Richardson <arichardson.kde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > However, is this even possible? Building manpages seems to require
> > KDocTools and kcoreaddons is a tier1 framework which would make this
> > impossible. Do we really need a manpage for it? It seems to me that it is
> > only used in cmake code
>
> Or rewrite the man page in troff directly.

A possible intermediate solution, since we and Qt5 both already *require* Perl
to build, is to write the man page in Perl's Pod language and use one of the
various pod2man tools (some of which come with Perl core) to generate the
manpage.

Going in troff directly is probably still better but Pod seems easier to learn
than troff, IMHO.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne