Non-coinstallable frameworks

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:22:49 UTC 2014

On Thursday 18 September 2014 13:15:51 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
> I've just learned that the KActivities framework is not co-installable with
> kdelibs4.
>
> We should fix that in a way or another, this makes the whole
> plasma-framework (or anything else depending on KActivities) not
> co-installable as well, which is quite bad as some applications still need
> it in order to reach the components (such as Muon).
>
> Is there any way we could fix this? To me it's looking quite bad, maybe it
> would make sense to move the KActivities dependency from plasma-framework
> to plasma-workspace? It's barely used in plasma-framework anyway.

is used by a component, ResourceInstance that would make more sense if it was
exposed by kactivities instead of plasma.

so, no compatible way to change it, even tough I would like to move it into
components exported by KActivities

I also think would be good for kactivities to be constallable, but probably
can't be modified enough in a compatible fashion?

on the long term, the kactivities dependency would get in plasma-framework
again as I eventually plan to move the shell back in the framework, but won't
happen overnight as it needs qscreen to be used again

--
Marco Martin