What's "qt5-stable" on build.kde.org

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 16 18:12:26 UTC 2014

El Dimarts, 16 de setembre de 2014, a les 12:37:31, Milian Wolff va escriure:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2014 21:50:57 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
wrote:

> > > thanks, that explains it. From the latest build log:
> > >
> > > "Branch jenkins set up to track remote branch stable from origin."
> > >
> > > and the stable branch seems to no longer being updated on upstream's
> > > side.
> > > qtbase is set to 8fa9121 according to build's output.
> > >
> > > This is older than the patch I got into Qt 5.
> > >
> > > Maybe it would be better to track the 5.3 branch instead?
> >
> > That is a development decision. Once taken, the necessary file to
> > adjust is the same as for all other KDE projects:
> > logical-module-structure
>
> Yes, there is no "stable" anymore upstream. 5.3 is probably a good choice
> for now, until 5.4 is released.

Hmmmm, don't know, the thing is we're only requiring 5.2, maybe we want to
require 5.3 if we know it won't work otherwise (i.e. Martin's test)?

Or we prefer to keep the minimum at 5.2 while recommending 5.3?

Cheers,
  Albert