What's "qt5-stable" on build.kde.org

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Sep 16 09:23:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2014 21:17:37 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:12 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>>
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> > I just had a little problem with a new autotest for kwindowsystem which
>> > passed on my setup, but failed on build.kde.org. It turned out that it's
>> > missing an xcb_flush(QX11Info::connection()) before blocking in the event
>> > loop. I fixed this problem in Qt, so I'm wondering: which version is used
>> > on the CI system?
>> >
>> > I couldn't find any information on it by myself - neither in the build
>> > metadata nor in the jobs listed on build.kde.org.
>>
>> Please see http://build.kde.org/job/qt5_stable_qt5/
>
> Error 404

I wrote this a bit too quickly.
The correct url is http://build.kde.org/view/External_Deps/job/qt5_master_qt5/

What the system means by "stable" in the output is that is the branch
that it should theoretically be building against.
This information is drawn from the build metadata available to it. It
has no correspondence with the job name.

In the case of Qt 5, this information is maintained in the CI scripts own files.

>> This is shown on the External Deps view.
>
> it doesn't list such a job. There's a qt5_master_qt5 and a qt_stable which is
> documented as building Qt 4.8.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Thanks,