Gerrit available for trial

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Sep 12 09:55:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

service annoucement for the people who were not so lucky as to being able to
participant at this year's Akademy:

Jan Kundrát, of Trojita fame, has set up a Gerrit instance [1] connected to
the KDE git repository, i.e. it is now possible for KDE projects to opt in to
a test of Gerrit for their review/submission workflow.

It is currently used for Trojita itself and at the Frameworks BoF at Akademy
we decided to also test drive this with two of our actively developed
frameworks.

Jan said in his Akademy talk [2] that other projects are welcome to
participate in the trial so that developers can see if they like the tool and
the workflows it encourages and also provide some testing for the setup as
well.

Participating will not make Gerrit the exclusive path for patches, it is still
possible to push to KDE's git directly and/or use a reviewboard based
workflow.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/