Porting uses of 'accuracy' in KMimeType API

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Sep 12 07:39:42 UTC 2014

Heya,

Context: Forward-porting some patches in KDevelop involving KMimeType API.

I've just noticed that in Qt5, QMimeDataBase/QMimeType doesn't allow me to
retrieve the accuracy of a match anymore, while KMimeType did. For example,
compare the possible arguments for QMimeDataBase::mimeTypeForUrl vs.
KMimeType::findByUrl.

What's the suggested way to deal with this? As far as I can see, there are no
porting notes about that particular matter.

(Interestingly, the QMimeDataBase implementation internally plays around with
accuracies a lot, it just isn't exposed in the public API)

Thanks

[1] http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/kdelibs4support/html/classKMimeType.html#a3417e83a30cff614a01a29ca2a615443