There's no proper replacement for KIcon

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 13:43:38 UTC 2014

On Thursday, 2014-09-11, 15:40:14, Eike Hein wrote:
> On 11.09.2014 15:33, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Sounds interesting, but "checkout" where?
>
> In this thread, where I've posted it and encouraged reading
> it a few times :).

Ah :)
I thought you were referring to some XDG discussion.

Having a configurable fallback before the final fallback can't hurt, but that
doesn't solve the actual problem of hicolor being incomplete.
It is just a work around.

Might be the only way if the other participants in the icon spec standard want
the fallback to be broken.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring