There's no proper replacement for KIcon

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Sep 10 21:43:15 UTC 2014

El Dimarts, 9 de setembre de 2014, a les 16:25:26, Kevin Krammer va escriure:
> On Sunday, 2014-09-07, 10:27:06, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > So as I see it, there's three options:
> >  * Do nothing, and expect that people have to set one of
> >
> > XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, KDE_FULL_SESSION, GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID or
> > DESKTOP_SESSION environment variables to get icons
> >
> >  * Do the change/hack to QGenericUnixTheme::themeHint return any of the
> >
> > themes in xdgIconThemePaths that is not hicolor
> >
> >  * Talk to the xdg-people to include a way to get the current icon theme
> >  and
> >
> > use that in QGenericUnixTheme::themeHint
>
> Wouldn't a fourth option be to make sure that hicolor is actually a proper
> fallback as specified?
>
> Applications already are more or less required to install their fallbacks in
> hicolor, so the shared icons should be there as well, no?

I don't think it makes sense, i mean who would install stuff to
hicolor/actions/document-open.png ? oxygen? breeze? tango? someothericonset?

For applications it makes sense tha application to install to hicolor since
the application "owns" the name for that icon, but noone actually owns the
document-open.png action so that's why i think it makes no sense for it to be
there.

Cheers,
  Albert