KDE Frameworks 5.2.0 release

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 9 13:57:10 UTC 2014

I just tagged and packed 5.2.0.

I extracted the following changelog items from git commits. But I don't really
understand the plasma-framework and threadweaver commits....
Mirko and Plasma people: can you tell me the relevant changes ?
  Hint: `git log v5.1.0..`

=====

* KIO/KService: now follows the mime-apps spec, for better interoperability
with gio when it comes to the user's preferred and default apps.
* KIO: new classes EmptyTrashJob and RestoreJob
* KIO: new functions isClipboardDataCut and setClipboardDataCut.

* Frameworkintegration: the file dialog now remembers its size correctly,
   and works better with remote URLs.

* KActivities: reimplementation of the file item plugin for linking files to
activities

* KArchive: fix handling of uncompressed files

* KConfigWidgets: fix missing default shortcuts for standard actions, leading
to many runtime warnings
* KConfigWidgets: better support for QGroupBox in KConfigDialogManager

* KCoreAddons: Mark KAboutData::setProgramIconName() as deprecated, it did not
do anything. Use QApplication::setWindowIcon(QIcon::fromTheme("...")) instead.
* KCoreAddons: new classes Kdelibs4ConfigMigrator and KPluginMetaData

* KDeclarative: added org.kde.kio component.

* KImageFormats: disable the DDS and JPEG-2000 plugins when Qt version is 5.3
or later

* KNewStuff: installing "stuff" works again (porting bug)

* KWidgetsAddons: new class KColumnResizer (makes it easy to vertically align
widgets across groups)

* KWindowSystem: New method KWindowSystem::setOnActivities

* KXmlGui: KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcuts now makes the shortcut
active too, to simplify application code.

Widespread change: support for relative libexec dir.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5