kcoreaddons fails to build properly on OSX/CI (was OSX/CI: kauth fails to build )

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Mon Sep 8 05:39:57 UTC 2014

Hi David,

due to me working nonstop over the weekend - on bringing a Jenkins-based OSX/CI slave system
to life [1] - I’ve not yet informed you guys that I by now have successfully retried building
a newer cmake version (a1eb90c85d80acf9617ccac73a45b6753188947d) as well [2].

Turns out that I was able to build all KF5 frameworks [3] and apps [4] successfully with it.
For now I'll leave on my OSX/CI systems cmake pinned at that version.

Ben’s suggestion makes sense to me, one shouldn’t distribute a newer cmake if it is not ensured
that all depending stuff can be build without trouble.

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Apart from that I am in discussion with Ben about whether my new OSX/CI/Jenkins system
      can be integrated on build.kde.org’s Jenkins master as a valid slave for OSX.

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDEMacPortsCI/Status#Jenkinsintegration
[2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDEMacPortsCI/Status#Installationofcmake
[3] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDEMacPortsCI/Status/KF5
[4] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDEMacPortsCI/Status/ProjectsBeyondKF5