There's no proper replacement for KIcon

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:36:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:

> On 09/03/2014 10:07 PM, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>
>> So if I'm not in a Plasma session I get no icons?
>>

> If you're not in a Plasma session you don't get the Plasma
> platform plugin. Other platform plugins can drive this as
> they prefer.

Isn't that the task of the given platform plugin? Eg. if I run my app in
Gnome, there should be a Gnome plugin which provides its own icon plugin
and loads Gnome icons (well in an ideal world, anyway) and thus making the
app actually look more "integrated"...in other words, shouldn't this
problem be moved there?

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer