Gerrit available for trial

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 11 09:31:54 UTC 2014

On Saturday 11 October 2014 00:00:53 Jan Kundrát wrote:
> On Friday, 10 October 2014 23:38:37 CEST, David Faure wrote:
> > Another issue: could all incoming review requests for kio (and all other
> > frameworks in the future, except plasma-framework which has a
> > dedicated list)
> > be sent to kde-frameworks-devel? I don't see a mail with my request there.
>
> Sure, that can be done, too.
>
> How noisy would you like Gerrit to be? Just new changes? New revisions,
> too? What about comments/reviews? See [1] for possible options. I'll also
> have to chat with Ben to make sure that the e-mails do not end up in the
> moderation queue.

I would say "all", just like we have with reviewboard and Qt gerrit.

However this could be a good time to put into practice what we have decided at
Akademy:
moving all reviewboard+gerrit traffic to a dedicated mailing-list, say
kde-reviews at kde.org, much like we have with kde-commits at kde.org
Developers can then set up filtering rules to see only the review requests
they want to see. This is simpler than setting up filtering rules in each and
every mailing-list you're reading (frameworks, pim, etc.), which leads to most
people not filtering at all and then missing important emails in the middle of
the reviewboard traffic.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5