Split kde-baseapps?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 10 21:07:29 UTC 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 01:01:27 Aleix Pol wrote:
> - kdialog: should go to kde-cli-tools?

It's more interactive than other cli tools, but OK, I guess the biggest use
case is to call it from scripts.

> - kioslave/about: I guess it should go either to kioslave-extras or
> konqueror itself. I guess it's here because the applications use it, so
> kioslave.

It's only used by Konqueror.

> - kfind: looks like it could be split. Doesn't look maintained, we can
> decide where to put it later on. It's an executable, so it's easy to move
> around.

It predates the Ctrl+F feature in Dolphin. IMHO kfind is dead.

> - konqplugins: By the name sounds like it should go wherever konqueror
> goes. Or do other applications use them?

Right, it belongs to konqueror.

> - nsplugins: same, wherever konqueror goes?

Yes.

> - konqueror: split? David will read this for sure. :D

Eventually.....

Splitting dolphin and konqueror depends on my work on libkonq though.
Resuming that... next step KonqOperations::mkdir
(please review https://gerrit.vesnicky.cesnet.cz/r/#/c/81/)

Working on KDE Frameworks 5