Moving SVGTextureNode to KDeclarative

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:18:40 UTC 2014

On Friday 10 October 2014 17:58:04 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking into using QQuickItem to properly perform the QIconItem
> drawing, instead of QPainterItem. To do so, I thought it could be useful to
> use the SVGTextureNode for the ref-counting.
>
> It's quite a simple class, but it is quite useful. It's already used in 3
> of the classes within plasma framework. Also it doesn't look like it should
> change substantially.
>
> That would also mean renaming it into something else, because it has
> nothing to do with SVG. I suggest ManagedTextureNode.
>
> Thoughts?
> If no opposition, I'll try to get a review request in early next week.
> Aleix

I am not sure i want more graphics stuff inside libkdeclarative.
at the moment there is a kicon image provider that noone uses that i regret to
not have deleted before release, (but even if it doesn't export symbols i'm
not sure removing target_link_libraries is bc?)

i would rather like more a library that extends only qtqml (current
kdeclarative) and one that extends qtquick if is really needed, even if is in
the same repo

--
Marco Martin