Whoopsie in KF5::WindowSystem 5.3.0

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Oct 10 15:14:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

unfortunately we have an embarrassing bug [1] in KWindowSystem 5.3.0
which can crash any application making use of KWindowSystem on the X11
Platform. This is fixed with commit [2]. I recommend to either do a 5.3.1
release for KWindowSystem with just that commit added or at least that
distros ship the patch in their packages.

Sorry about that. I still don't understand how it could pass through the CI
system without failing.

Cheers
Martin

[1] Apparently I'm not able to count to four, see BUG 339771
[2]
http://commits.kde.org/kwindowsystem/3576df163c8c64ebba74fc51c95de900dbf0220e