Issues for Qt5/KF5/KDE/CI system on OSX/MacPorts

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri May 30 05:15:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Going to respond to everything in one email.

> to kdoctools’ search path on the KDE/CI system.
>
> Question is, how to achieve it?
> Will we indeed have to patch its sources?

Patching of the sources by the CI system is considered unacceptable
for KDE projects. Particularly as these are platform specific patches.

The correct solution in this case is to adjust Qt or whichever other
components need changing to allow us to pass along the information
they need to work.

> Again, the directory set which should be considered by QStandardPaths requires
> input from MacOSX developers. I suspect that KDocTools is the first place
> where this issue is visible, but it will popup elsewhere.

Yes, I suspect that will be the case. For this reason i'd like
something generic at the Qt level, which is acceptable to upstream. I
can't see why it wouldn't be desirable to allow environment variables
to intervene on these platforms.

Thanks,
Ben